About pages which are no longer updated
Over the years, Planet Bods has had a wide range of content. However sometimes we feel the need to close down
a particular section.
This may happen for a number of reasons:
- The section doesn't get enough users to justify the effort that goes in to it
- The section gets superseded in some way and no longer becomes relevant
- We like the section but don't feel that we have the time or knowledge to do the content justice and to
keep it updated
- It just doesn't fit in our view of where Planet Bods is going
So every now and then we decide to stop updating a section.
In the past when this would happen, we would probably just delete the content from the server. However we're
now intending to leave the sites on our servers but with a highly visible marking to ensure people viewing the
page are aware that it is not up to date content. This is what we call mothballing.
Generally we will keep the site looking exactly as it did when we mothballed it - although we may choose to
remove some navigational links from the page. All the code is flattened and all related files moved to a
separate location to ensure changes to the main site don't affect archived content. There may however be some
links to non archived pages which may not work or look the same as they did before.
Which sections have been archived, and why?
The following sections have been archived:
- The Wise and Sage Words of Tim
Westwood - Insufficient time and knowledge in order to keep this site up to date. Plus, to be honest, Westwood does a pretty good job of satirising
himself these days. Archived: 27 May 2010
- Random Stuff - Collection of stuff mostly code related that had fallen into disrepair. Mostly a time and relevance issue. Archived: 1 June 2010
- The UK's Favourite DJ - The Kevin Greening Story - Since the sad death of Kevin Greening in December 2007, this site has not been updated. It remains online as a tribute to a fantastic broadcaster. Archived: 4 June 2010
- Panpipe Hell - Written by Catherine Redfern, it doesn't really fit in anywhere within the new look Planet Bods. Archived: 7 June 2010
- Are You... - Series of interactive quizzes that passed their peak about 8 years ago. Note - for archiving purposes these pages have been slightly converted to be text only rather than interactive. Archived: 30 June 2010
- The Fancy A Brew Archives - A batch of Radio 1 related Mark and Lard fun and frivolity which has been rather redundant since Mark Radcliffe and Marc Riley left Radio 1 in 2004. Archived: 4 July 2010
- Fancy A Brew - The rest of Fancy A Brew was arrived due to lack of time and manpower to keep up to date. Archived: 19 February 2011
- Written News Themes - A site containing written transcripts of TV news theme tunes, well to keep adding to it required just too much time. Archived: 13 May 2011
- Written Jingles - A site containing written transcripts of TV jingles needs more effort than you may think. Archived: 15 September 2011
- Bods on the Wireless - that thing where you realise that revamp you've been planning for five years isn't going to happen, and frankly no one cares anyway. Archived: 6 November 2012